Updated: Apr 21, 2020
This episode focuses on the impact of the sports shutdown on athletes, featuring Amy Harrison (Western Sydney Wanderers, PSV Eindhoven) and Jake Doran (Cricket Tasmania, Hobart Hurricanes).
This insightful discussion features:
- their pathways to professional sports
- the impact of COVID-19 on the end of their seasons
- the positive involvement of clubs, coaches, sporting bodies, player associations, and sports doctors
- the steps they are taking to stay fit and healthy
- the impact to mental health.
Listen / view here: https://www.wegotgame.com.au/podcasts
About the panel:
Amy Harrison is a professional footballer, playing in the midfield for the Australian 'Matildas' Women's Football team, Western Sydney Wanderers, and (just announced) PSV Eindhoven in Europe. Amy has played in a World Cup and an Asian Cup, and made her professional debut as a 16 year old.
Jake Doran is a professional cricketer, batting in the middle order for Tasmania in state competitions and the Hobart Hurricanes in the Big Bash League. Jake has played for Australia A and made his debut in professional cricket while still at High School.